Expo-Rigging installs 3.116 rigging points at the ITMA fair

Fira de Barcelona hosts ITMA, the most important textile technology fair in the world. The exhibition area of the event occupies the entire Gran Vía venue, because 1.700 companies are present to showcase the most innovative products, as well as the technology being developed for the textile and clothing sector.

From Expo-Rigging we have participated in the installation of 3.116 rigging points. Specifically, 1.223 have been installed with an electric motor, while 886 have been installed with a manual hoist motor.

We have also installed a total of 397 LED ambient lighting lights in the exhibition halls to reduce environmental impact. Of these, 155 have been installed in a single stand of the event.

A total of 2.343 metres of pre-rigging and 1.900 metres of truss were necessary for the assembly of the ITMA fair.

ITMA is an event organised by the manufacturers themselves (CEMATEX) with the collaboration of amec-amtext, the association that brings together the Spanish textile machinery industry. The fair, which has been held since 1951, is held every four years in a European city and every two years in China. This is the second time that Barcelona has hosted this event, after the first edition in 2011.

The fair counts on the participation of important companies recognized at international level. 60% come from European countries, while the remaining 40% come mostly from China, Turkey and India.

Spain is the third most represented country in the textile technology fair, with 87 companies present in the exhibition halls.

The organizers, who have planned to receive more than 120.000 visitors during the seven days of the event, believe that will generate an economic impact of about 343 million euros, both in the city of Barcelona and its surroundings.

One of the key points of this edition has been sustainability. Through activities such as the Innovation Lab, where experts and clients exhibit and learn about new textile machinery that works in favour of the environment, the focus is on achieving energy and water savings in the sector.

In addition, the fair has different forums where professionals and associations to publicize news and have the possibility of establishing collaborations with other companies. One of the most outstanding meetings is that of chemical leaders and textile dyes.

Undoubtedly, it has been another success achieved by our great team of professional riggers, thanks to the collaboration and teamwork.